[Intel-gfx] Fwd: 2.6.36-rc5 i915 regression

Chris Wilson chris at chris-wilson.co.uk
Tue Oct 26 10:30:23 CEST 2010

On Tue, 26 Oct 2010 01:19:50 +0200, Seblu <seblu at seblu.net> wrote:
> Hello Chris,
>
> i've tryed last git kernel with edp-fixes from
> git://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/jbarnes/drm-intel.git,
> i've the following result :
> http://videobin.org/+2a3/2kn.ogg
>
> with intel-drm-next from
> git://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/ickle/drm-intel.git,
> it's better!
> My screen is back. Do you include those patch in 2.6.37?

Yes, -next is intended to be the basis of what is upstreamed for 2.6.37.

> But:
> - suspend to RAM cause a computer freeze.

Depending on where the tip was, at least one suspend regression was
recently fixed. It would be useful to recheck with 64193406.

> - after one day, applications become graphically slow.

You're not alone. Eric has reported that writes to a GTT mapping become
glacially slow after some time, without any distortion in the CPU profile.
Can we collate what hardware we are seeing this effect on?