[Intel-gfx] DDC/CI on Q965 DVI port

Val Ferdinand Caro valcaro at yahoo.com
Mon Sep 20 04:00:23 CEST 2010

Hi,

I am doing a simple DDC/CI app (change brightness/contrast/etc...) For this
project I am scanning the PCI bus, identifying the device, getting the base
address and mapping it. Then using I2C bit algorithm on each GPIO register
0x5010, 0x5014, 0x5018, 0x501C..., and 0x502C. The approach is similar with
"Linux ddccontrol" project. But this one is targeted only for Intel chipsets.

For my 855GM card, I can get EDID and do DDC/CI (send/write MCCS) on both VGA
and DVI ports.

Now the problem is the Q965 card, it only detects my VGA monitor and the digital
display doesn't. Am I missing something here that is different with the DVI
port? Any other registers that needs to read or written first?

Regards,
Val