[Intel-gfx] Problems configuring unique xorg.conf file

Nasa nasa01 at comcast.net
Sun Sep 26 22:09:24 CEST 2010

----- "Felix Miata" <mrmazda at earthlink.net> wrote:

> On 2010/09/26 19:21 (GMT) Nasa composed:
>
> > I'm starting to look at the code and see if I can hardwire support
> > for vertical refresh rates greater than 60.0 (haven't figured that
> > out yet)
>
> It's rare for a flat panel display to either need refresh higher than
> "60",
> or product better performance using a supported refresh higher than
> "60". The
> reasons for using refresh higher than 60 on a CRT do not exist on flat
> panels.
> --
Ok,

I should be a little more clear -- to create a modeline for a resolution
of 800x400 (using this site: http://xtiming.sourceforge.net/cgi-bin/xtiming.pl )
I need a combination of horizontal sync of over 31 and refresh rate over 65
to get it too work.  So yes, I could look to drop the horizontal sync to 30,
which would drop the refresh rate to 60, -- but I don't know where to look
for the default settings for that either.

Nasa

BTW: If I wasn't clear, the default Hsync is 31 (based on the output from the X
logs)