[Intel-gfx] Problems configuring unique xorg.conf file

Nasa nasa01 at comcast.net
Mon Sep 27 03:11:02 CEST 2010

----- "The Fungi" <fungi at yuggoth.org> wrote:

> On Mon, Sep 27, 2010 at 12:26:21AM +0000, Nasa wrote:
> > 800x480 is what I am/should be attempting to get...
> [...]
>
> I apologize for not following the thread too closely but if you're
> just looking for working 800x480 at 60 timings, this is the native
> resolution of the panel on my Asus EEE PC and xrandr reports it's
> using 60.0Hz successfully:
>
>    800x480 (0x44) 32.0MHz *current +preferred
>       h: width  800 start 840 end 968 total 1056 skew 0 clock 30.3KHz
>       v: height 480 start 481 end 484 total  505        clock 60.0Hz
>
> Hope that helps, and sorry if I'm totally off track with the reply!
> --
Thanks for the reply Fungi,

Looking at your info it looks like your hsync is 30.3 (am I reading
that right?), which is lower than the default set by the driver -- which
is 31.  I know this because I tried a host of modelines in the monitor
section (a file in xorg.conf.d) and checked the error messages for
the X log.

The problem is a result of the monitor not providing EDID info (which I
am really sure yours does) and intel drivers removing the ability to set
some user defined options (specifically, refresh rates).

Again, I appreciate the input -- and if I have messed something up, please
let me know.

Nasa