[Intel-gfx] Mac mini tv out problem

Mika Kuoppala miku at taika.org
Mon Sep 27 19:16:23 CEST 2010

Hi,

I have ubuntu 10.10 in my mac mini and i tried to connect
it to a television using the macs own dvi to svideo adapter.

The driver version is: 2:2.12.0-1ubuntu5

I can see the picture fine but every time the screen contents
is updated, the sync is lost.

There is a couple of frames out of sync so that they are
displayed in a wrong offset on a tv set. After the screen updates
are over (for example scrolling), the picture stabilizes and all
is well until a next update occurs.

If i switch to framebuffer console there is no problem on
updates. Also if i change from intel drv to fbdev drv in
xorg.conf, the problem disappears.

I recompiled the driver to enable the kernel mode page flipping to
see it it would help but it didn't. Changing modes or switching
to NTSC from PAL doesn't seem to help either.

Any ideas what to try next or should i just blame my
not-so-new telly? :)

Thanks,
-- Mika