[Intel-gfx] Testing intel-drm

Chris Wilson chris at chris-wilson.co.uk
Fri Apr 1 09:39:13 CEST 2011

On Fri, 1 Apr 2011 09:01:41 +0200, Georg Grabler <georg at grabler.net> wrote:
> Hi Guys,
>
> Just a question since I opened two bug reports lately (35808, 35812), I
> wanted to ask which intel-drm branches you generally would like the test
> against. I tested against 2.6.38.2 for now, but to have it tested against
> your current developments - which branch to use? intel-drm-next or
> intel-drm-fixes, or both?

For an outright bug like you have found, we should try to get a stable
patch. So drm-intel-fixes is where it should land first. On the other
hand, if fixing the issue is complicated then we would have no choice but
to let it sit on drm-intel-next so that we more opportunity to run more
regression tests upon it.

However, we first need to get a patch ready for you to test. :|