[Intel-gfx] i915 next, post-llc

Chris Wilson chris at chris-wilson.co.uk
Sat Apr 16 11:17:24 CEST 2011

So continuing the -next discussion, I have a few more patches for review.
1-8: The last set of post-llc patches, which I think are close to being
     accepted. I need to debate the finer points of fence lifetime with
     Daniel and capture the explanations so that we don't repeat our
     mistakes.
9,10: A couple of patches from Mike Isely for configuring the LVDS in the
      absence of any configuration data. Next on the agenda in this
      particular series is being able to specify the lvds fixed mode.
      Watch this space!
11-13: Minor tweaks to improve code clarity
14,15: Reset GMBUS controller on init. After renaming GMBUS0+reg_offset.
16: Completely minor performance improvement (down on the 2-3% level for
    glyphs). More importantly the patch helps clarify the code.
17: A micro-optimisation for request retirement that I can live without.
18,19: Use GPU semaphores to prevent stalls when switching rings for
       page-flipping
20,21: vmap