[Intel-gfx] forcewake v5

Chris Wilson chris at chris-wilson.co.uk
Thu Apr 21 08:39:27 CEST 2011

On Wed, 20 Apr 2011 16:53:14 -0700, Ben Widawsky <ben at bwidawsk.net> wrote:

> Once you're done laughing that I got up to v5 (I think I skipped a v3,
> and v1 was the IOCTls, so it's really more like a v3) for patches meant
> to simply allow register reads and wites...
>
> Back to struct_mutex since it turned out to be my mistake regarding the
> IIR problem. The only issue in the interrupt handler was rps, which has
> been moved to a workqueue.
>
> Struct_mutex must be held to forcewake, or relinquish forcwake.

Ok, I got to the end. I feel really squeamish that our register read/write
routines are getting seriously overcomplicated for interrupt work and
would like a cut down version for IRQ context.

But other than that and some silly code that needs to be improved in light
of your review, it's looking good.