[Intel-gfx] [BUG] Minecraft graphics issues

Jonas Jelten jelten at in.tum.de
Wed Dec 7 19:15:25 CET 2011

Hi!

What about adding Minecraft to the officially tested games list for the
released graphics package?
It's one of the most played games on Linux i think, and a lot of users
are experiencing graphical problems that don't occur in windows or mac.

Two screenshots of my Minecraft graphics issue:
http://img7.imagebanana.com/img/5900nd4k/20111206_08.34.06.png
http://img6.imagebanana.com/img/2pl3w1ky/20111206_08.39.38.png

The color of the error equals the skybox color.
After taking the screenshot, the errors are gone for ~10 seconds and FPS
increase noticeably. Then it comes back and looks awful again.
The error occures in fullscreen and windowed mode.

Maybe this is the relevant bug in launchpad:
https://bugs.launchpad.net/mesa/+bug/829086

Another thing is that my Minecraft on view distance short has about
20-30 fps, a friend's Macbook Pro (core i5-2420M) renders Minecraft at
40-50 fps with view distance far. (We have both the exactly same
graphics chip (HD3000) and my CPU is even better)

My system:
core i5-2520M with HD3000 IGP
8GB RAM (how much graphics memory is shared then?)
1366x786 LVDS IPS display

Software:
linux 3.1.4-1
mesa 7.11.2-1