[Intel-gfx] More crashes with intel driver 1.10.4 and corrupted stack traces for GM45

Chris Wilson chris at chris-wilson.co.uk
Wed Dec 14 00:16:17 CET 2011

On Tue, 13 Dec 2011 14:13:18 -0800, Marc MERLIN <marc_xorg at merlins.org> wrote:
> On Sun, Dec 11, 2011 at 12:32:00PM -0800, Marc MERLIN wrote:
> > Hi Eugeni and other folks on this list,
>
> Am I sending this to the wrong place or is GM45 unsupported?

Apologies, it is a known issue. I was thrown by the bizarre stack trace,
but it seems like it just the mmap failure blowing up in spectacular
fashion. The ENOSPC issues arises from when we have either exhausted
or badly fragmented the (on your system presumably) 32-bits of address
space for GTT mappings such that we are no longer able to allocate new
ones. I have recently begun to take a similar issue whereby we exhausted
the per-process map limit with over 65,000 vma keep open. The solution
there of capping the number of cached vma is likely to resolve this
problem as well.