[Intel-gfx] system freeze with kernel 3.2-rc7

Kai Krakow hurikhan77 at gmail.com
Mon Dec 26 03:43:22 CET 2011

Keith Packard <keithp at keithp.com> schrieb:

> On Mon, 26 Dec 2011 01:43:37 +0100, Kai Krakow <hurikhan77 at gmail.com>
> wrote:
>
>> I didn't have such issues with early 3.2 rcs (afair), and not with 3.1
>> kernels. After some digging through google I've found you enabled RC6 in
>> 3.2. I disabled it now, and my system runs wonderfully.
>
> Argh. Can you try building a kernel with VT-d support? I assume you
> can't turn VT-d off in the BIOS as it's UEFI?

kakra at jupiter ~ $ zgrep -i iommu /proc/config.gz
CONFIG_GART_IOMMU=y
# CONFIG_CALGARY_IOMMU is not set
CONFIG_IOMMU_HELPER=y
CONFIG_IOMMU_API=y
CONFIG_IOMMU_SUPPORT=y
# CONFIG_AMD_IOMMU is not set
CONFIG_INTEL_IOMMU=y
CONFIG_INTEL_IOMMU_DEFAULT_ON=y
CONFIG_INTEL_IOMMU_FLOPPY_WA=y
# CONFIG_IOMMU_DEBUG is not set
# CONFIG_IOMMU_STRESS is not set

So kernel vt-d support is on. Not sure what to look for in dmesg thou... I
didn't look into the BIOS settings yet, but usually if there is such an
option I turn it on because I use virtual machines.

Regards,
Kai