[Intel-gfx] i945GME support

4ernov 4ernov at gmail.com
Mon Feb 7 09:25:15 CET 2011

Hello, Chris and list,

I continue working under my problem with two LVDS monitors connected
to SDVO-B and SDVO-C. I finally managed to make one monitor work again
using generic kernel version 2.6.36 and xf86-video-intel drivers
version 2.12.0. Unfortunately, either with the latest unstable
versions or 2.14.0 stable version nothing seems to work and the
problems are identical to what was discussed before (thousands of
"(EE) intel(0): Failed to submit batch buffer, expect rendering
corruption or even a frozen display: Invalid argument." messages).

The hardware retailer also reported that they got to work both
monitors with IEGD drivers under Debian 5.0 (which contains Xserver
1.6.x). I've checked that it's true and the xorg.conf is attached.
Obviously, it was generated by IEGD GUI application. Is it possible to
make some finetuning for SDVO part using xf86-video-intel drivers?
Maybe the problem is with settings?

And the main question remaining: how both monitors can be enabled in
KMS-enabled console? I think they should show the same console but
only one monitor (SDVO-B) is on and another is off.

I hope that someone could help me as that's so hard problem for me and
I see no ways but to rollback to Xserver 1.6.0 and IEGD drivers which
is highly undesired option. Any information or help would be greatly
appreciated.

Thanks in advance,
Alexey