[Intel-gfx] LVDS output not working (anymore)

Oliver Seitz info at vtnd.de
Wed Feb 9 08:52:20 CET 2011

Hello list!

I'm using intel D945GSEJT boards, connected to industrial LVDS panels
without EDID or the like.

On debian 5.0 this did work when disabling kms (parameter "nomodeset").
When running X, LVDS could be enabled using xrandr.

Now, on debian 6.0, LVDS output does not show up in xrandr's output list
anymore. I understand that there have been some recent changes that are
not fully applied to debian 6.0. Is there a way to activate the LVDS output?

I wouldn't need X, a working framebuffer would be fine.

I've tried intelfb on 2.6.37 kernel, but it crashes (reboots) at once
when I execute "modprobe intelfb". No log messages are visible after the
reboot, I presume the messages aren't written to disk in time before the
reboot occurs.

Greets,
Kiste