[Intel-gfx] On SNB: Hangcheck timer elapsed... GPU hung

Andrew Lutomirski luto at mit.edu
Wed Feb 16 14:20:20 CET 2011

On Wed, Feb 16, 2011 at 8:13 AM, Ivan Bulatovic <combuster at gmx.com> wrote:
> On Tue, 2011-02-15 at 11:46 +1000, Ted Phelps wrote:
>> Hi Andy,
>>
>> Andi Kleen writes:

>> > Do you use displayport dual-head? I had this problem with dual head.
>> > No such issue with only a single monitor.
>>
>> I'm using only one head attached to the DVI connector.

I'm curious what userspace you're all running.  I'm using
xf86-video-intel from git on Feb 4 with 2.6.37 (completely unpatched!)
and my i7-2600 is quite stable.  The only problem I have is that
compiz has hung twice since I got the machine.  In both cases, killall
-9 compiz rescued the system.

Fedora 14's xf86-video-intel didn't work so well (compiz dropped
enough frames that the effects weren't really visible).

I'm single head on DisplayPort.

(Even firefox 4 webgl works nicely.)

--Andy