[Intel-gfx] Where should I report fill issues for the X stack?

Alan W. Irwin irwin at beluga.phys.uvic.ca
Sat Feb 26 02:38:16 CET 2011

The PLplot development team have just implemented a demanding 2D
rendering test for X where we modify our standard example 27 (see
http://plplot.sourceforge.net/examples.php?demo=27).  The standard
version of that example simply draws a line corresponding to
increasingly more complex "spirographic" polygons.  We have modified
that example to fill using those boundaries with some really strange
results. The rendering is awful (many missing filled areas and/or
areas filled when they shouldn't be) for all spirographic cases if I
use the EvenOddRule fill rule.  If I use the WindingRule instead, the
results are more acceptable although there are still some obvious fill
issues for the case of the more complex spirographic boundaries.

The first obvious question is where should I report these X stack fill
bugs?  Does the X server handle all fills (so these issues should be
reported/discussed on the X list) or does the driver (or some other
component of the X stack) do the fills (in which case the discussion
should obviously be here since I am using the Intel X stack
(Debian Squeeze version).

Alan
Alan W. Irwin

(lbproject.sf.net).