[Intel-gfx] Trying to compile drivers to the Acer Aspire One 532h

Nicolau Werneck nwerneck at gmail.com
Mon Feb 28 16:00:03 CET 2011

On Sun, Feb 27, 2011 at 05:53:47PM +0100, Julien Cristau wrote:
> On Sun, Feb 27, 2011 at 13:45:20 -0300, Nicolau Werneck wrote:
>
> > $ sudo grep -i "glx\|drm" /var/log/Xorg.0.log
> > (II) "glx" will be loaded. This was enabled by default and also
> > specified in the config file.
> > (II) LoadModule: "glx"
> > (II) Loading /usr/lib/xorg/modules/extensions/libglx.so
> > (II) Module glx: vendor="FireGL - ATI Technologies Inc."
> > (II) Loading extension GLX
>
> You need to get rid of fglrx.

Thanks. I couldn't believe, but it was that indeed! I had seen threads
with people saying this, but I had no idea that could be installed in
my system.

I had some trouble compiling Mesa 3D too because I was trying to use
the "linux-dri" target, but it seems the correct now is really to just
run "make", this target is something obsolete and should not be used a
priori.

Just to make things complete and help anyone with a similar
problem. First you must get rid of the fglrx stuff, with apt-get
remove (I use Debian). Then compile Mesa with configure && make. I
used:

./configure --disable-gallium --enable-64-bit --with-dri-drivers="i915,swrast"

I'm not sure the --emable-64-bit is really necessary. I had to do the
--disable-gallium because compilation had errors on gallium stuff over
and over times, but I'm also not too sure about it. I also had to
compile the swrast along with the desired i915, just as pointed out in
the documentation.

I also had to copy the i915 and swrast .so files manually to the
/usr/lib/xorg/modules directory, I'm not sure what "make install" did.

Thanks again,
  ++nicolau

--
Nicolau Werneck <nwerneck at usp.br>             C3CF E29F 5350 5DAA 3705