[Intel-gfx] DMAR regression in 2.6.37

Dave Airlie airlied at gmail.com
Mon Jan 10 07:10:23 CET 2011

On Mon, Jan 10, 2011 at 12:46 PM, Dave Airlie <airlied at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi guys,
>
> I bisected down to
>
> commit 450f2b3d51025a1749b694ee13f0e4e23ed58750
> Author: Daniel Vetter <daniel.vetter at ffwll.ch>
> Date:   Sat Sep 11 23:48:25 2010 +0200
>
>    intel-gtt: generic (insert|remove)_entries for g33/i965
>
>    Like for the i915.
>
>    Signed-off-by: Daniel Vetter <daniel.vetter at ffwll.ch>
>    Signed-off-by: Chris Wilson <chris at chris-wilson.co.uk>
>
> Before this point I get no DMAR, after this I get DMAR, which isn't
> surprising since this commit is the one that removes the calls to the
> map/unmap via PCI layer calls.

This one is proving quite hard to nail down, I've been reading over
the codepaths and can't spot the major problem with it.

The code seq in these patches is a bit off in places, i.e. it removes
scratch page stuff but then still needs it in the i915_remove_entries
patch, so I've moved the bisection around a bit, but I can't get a
DMAR error with the code prior to this AGP rework and I can after the
patch above.

I'll keep digging and hope one of you guys has a good idea.

Dave.