[Intel-gfx] Intel QM57/QS57 NB Gfx - Intel UMA HD Discrete supported ?

Chris Wilson chris at chris-wilson.co.uk
Fri Jan 14 11:50:33 CET 2011

On Fri, 14 Jan 2011 11:36:44 +0100, Andreas Steffan <a.steffan at contentreich.de> wrote:
> Hallo everybody,
>
> Dell is offering me a notebook with the following chipset:
>
> Intel QM57/QS57 NB Gfx - Intel UMA HD
> Discrete

If I understand the nomenclature (does anybody?), that chipset would only
be used with discrete GPUs - there being no FDI link from the chip to
drive any displays. (At least by applying the desktop naming scheme to the
mobile world.)

On the other hand, our 2010Q4 release has solid support for SandyBridge
including 2D, 3D and video (decode) acceleration. It will be some time
before that is available from stable distributions, but there should be
a repo for driver updates in the distro of your choice.