[Intel-gfx] Placement and cropping of video due to aspect ratio mismatch

Xiang, Haihao haihao.xiang at intel.com
Thu Jun 2 04:16:23 CEST 2011

On Tue, 2011-05-31 at 16:28 +0800, Jyotsana wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I am playing video using "libva-1.0.7" and gstreamer-vaapi plugin.
> A window is created and passed to the plugin so that video is rendered
> on it.
> There is an observation if the aspect ratio of the window is different
> from the aspect ratio of the video,
> then some videos are aligned with top edge of the window, some appear in
> the middle and
> some aligned with the bottom edge of the window.
> A particular video always gets rendered at the same location.
> In some cases, the video is getting cropped.
> I am not sure whether this is handled by the plugin or the driver.
> Is this behaviour known.
This is the behavior of the plugin. The plugin always tries to use the aspect ratio
of the video to display this video.

.e.g
a video is 1280x536 (1280.0/536=2.388), the window is 300x300.
the rendered region calculated by this plugin is 300x125
(300.0/125=2.4), and it is aligned with the top edge of the window.

Regards
Haihao