[Intel-gfx] Post-mortem crash analysis on SNB laptop?

Ben Widawsky ben at bwidawsk.net
Wed Jun 22 19:50:41 CEST 2011

On Wed, Jun 22, 2011 at 10:35:24AM -0700, Dan McCabe wrote:
> My SNB laptop completely locks up every now and then (maybe twice a
> day). Is there any good way to look at post-mortem data to help my
> diagnose this issue.
>
> I've seen discussions suggesting that I ssh into the machine, but I
> can't even do that.
>
> TIA
>
> cheers, danm

Netconsole is nice for capturing the last dying breaths (with the
appropriate drm.debug flags, I usually use 0x6, but I guess 0xe is the
safest).

Assuming netconsole is built as a module, you can run something like
this on the crashing machine:
modprobe netconsole netconsole=6665@${IP_ADDRESS}/eth0,6666@${REMOTE_IP}/${REMOTE_MAC}

And this on some remote machine:
netcat -u -l -p 6666