[Intel-gfx] HDMI CEC support

Barry Scott barry.scott at onelan.co.uk
Thu Jun 30 19:19:20 CEST 2011

On Thursday 30 June 2011 16:35:05 Jesse Barnes wrote:
> On Thu, 30 Jun 2011 16:07:30 +0100
> Barry Scott <barry.scott at onelan.co.uk> wrote:
>
> > We are interesting in using CEC over HDMI with intel graphics.
> >
> > Having looked at chip level documents we did not see CEC
> > references.
> >
> > Is this something that the intel hardware can support?
> > If so is there driver support for CEC?
>
> There's no driver support for CEC right now; I haven't looked at the
> feature closely enough yet to know whether current hw can support it.
> If it mainly involves additional info frames then we can likely handle
> it with existing stuff...

The HW needs to support the 1 wire bidirectional bus using AV.Link prootocol
on pin 13.

I bit of googling seems to confirm that Intel Integrated graphic on Windows
can operate CEC. (I did not find chip level details).

We may be asked to get this going here. If we have access to the necesssary
docs to work on this we'll supply patches for your consideration.

Barry