[Intel-gfx] HDMI CEC support

Simon Farnsworth simon.farnsworth at onelan.co.uk
Thu Jun 30 19:37:13 CEST 2011

On Thursday 30 June 2011, Jesse Barnes <jbarnes at virtuousgeek.org> wrote:
> On Thu, 30 Jun 2011 18:19:20 +0100
>
> Barry Scott <barry.scott at onelan.co.uk> wrote:
> > The HW needs to support the 1 wire bidirectional bus using AV.Link
> > prootocol on pin 13.
> >
> > I bit of googling seems to confirm that Intel Integrated graphic on
> > Windows can operate CEC. (I did not find chip level details).
> >
> > We may be asked to get this going here. If we have access to the
> > necesssary docs to work on this we'll supply patches for your
> > consideration.
>
> Great.  Docs are available at http://www.intellinuxgraphics.org if you
> want to take a stab at this.  It would be a nice feature to have.

Of the available docs, which one should I look in? I can't find any references
to pin 13 or CEC in any part of volume 3, and when I look at the search
results for HDMI, I can't find anything that even hints that pin 13 is
connected to a GPIO line or an AV.Link engine in the hardware.

I can only find references to HDMI in part 3 of volume 3, but, again, nothing
that indicates where I'd go hunting to find out how I get at the CEC pin.

Am I looking in the wrong place?
--
Simon Farnsworth
Software Engineer