[Intel-gfx] [git pull] i915 fixes

Jim Gettys jg at freedesktop.org
Tue Mar 8 05:08:25 CET 2011

On 03/07/2011 04:28 PM, Jim Gettys wrote:
> On 03/07/2011 07:00 AM, Chris Wilson wrote:
>> Dave, hopefully this completes the regression fixes for .38. There is
>> still some doubt over eDP, with 011b9910bdaf failing for Jim Gettys but
>> seeming required for other (currently working in .37) machines. And
>> despite Linus's intervention, backlight controls are still broken for
>> some
>> users.
>
> FWIW:
>
> The failure is not so common for me as to claim the change should not go
> in; and my work around is to suspend/resume the system again.
>
> It's mostly niggling discomfort that there is still something about eDP
> we still don't understand...
>
> The remaining question, of course, is whether the other fixes in the
> final release will continue the fine year long tradition of completely
> breaking my laptop in Linus' releases yet again ;-).

Well, Chris' tree with the last set of patches works about the same as
Linus' rc7; still exhibits the flashing bug, but suspending again can
get it to go away.  So maybe we can avoid the completely broken Linus
release this time (knock on wooden head); certainly we're well beyond
the previous state where installation required serious gymnastics.
			- Jim