[Intel-gfx] YCbCr colourspace output

Steven Newbury steve at snewbury.org.uk
Sat Mar 26 18:16:19 CET 2011

I'm connecting a D525 (Pineview) based system to an older "HD" (1366x768) Phillips TV. I has a DVI connector for HD input, but whether I connect it using the VGA->DVI or HDMI->DVI the TV detects the incomming signal as from a PC and selects a "XGA" mode, limiting the screen format to aspects and resolutions it expects a PC to use; like 640x480, 800x600, 1024x768 4:3/16:10 @60Hz (always with black borders), even though the TV officially supports HDTV 720p,1080i 50/60Hz etc.. I suspect the issue lies in the assumption that HDTV equipment would have a YCbCr colourspace.

Now my question is, since I can't really modify the TV firmware, is it possible to add YCbCr output to the driver, assuming the chip supports it?