[Intel-gfx] vsync on ttys with KMS

Felix Miata mrmazda at earthlink.net
Wed Mar 30 21:18:50 CEST 2011

I run all my displays, LCD or not, at 60 vertical refresh. Flicker is a
non-issue for these old eyes. Is there a way to force the kernel to use 60,
or find out what is being used? On the p275 Trinitron I'm using right now, I
doubt fc15's 2.6.38.2 is running 60, as the output is shifted so far left
that at least 1/2" of output is hidden from view, and I don't want to be
playing with the (hard to use) manual centering controls any more, risking
running the display out of settings storage and FIFOing away previous
settings I'll be using again.

Felix Miata  ***  http://fm.no-ip.com/