[Intel-gfx] Should fbset works with inteldrmfb or not?

SD sd.domrep at yahoo.com
Thu Mar 31 16:35:15 CEST 2011

Dear All.

I have Opensuse 11.1 and the output of fbset -i gives me:
mode "1024x768-76"
    # D: 78.653 MHz, H: 59.949 kHz, V: 75.694 Hz
    geometry 1024 768 1024 768 32
    timings 12714 128 32 16 4 128 4
    rgba 8/16,8/8,8/0,8/24
endmode

Frame buffer device information:
    Name        : VESA VGA
    Address     : 0xa0000000
    Size        : 8060928
    Type        : PACKED PIXELS
    Visual      : TRUECOLOR
    XPanStep    : 0
    YPanStep    : 0
    YWrapStep   : 0
    LineLength  : 4096
    Accelerator : No

I am not sure that it is right but at least I have timings.

On Fedora I got:

mode "1024x768"
    geometry 1024 768 1024 768 32
    timings 0 0 0 0 0 0 0
    accel true
    rgba 8/16,8/8,8/0,0/0
endmode

Frame buffer device information:
    Name        : inteldrmfb
    Address     : 0xa0020000
    Size        : 3145728
    Type        : PACKED PIXELS
    Visual      : TRUECOLOR
    XPanStep    : 1
    YPanStep    : 1
    YWrapStep   : 0
    LineLength  : 4096
    Accelerator : No

As you can see - no timing at all.

And when I tried to set some mode from fb.modes, all I got is:
Opening frame buffer device `/dev/fb0'
Reading mode database from file `/etc/fb.modes'
Using video mode `1024x768-60'
Setting video mode to `/dev/fb0'
ioctl FBIOPUT_VSCREENINFO: Invalid argument

Could someone explain me please, if fbset should show timing in its output and also can one change console resolution with it now?

Thanks.