[Intel-gfx] Status of WebGL with open-source intel drivers

Zhao, Jian J jian.j.zhao at intel.com
Mon May 16 14:52:11 CEST 2011

Hi Clemens,
It seems to be disabled in both Firefox4 and Chrome browsers now, and for Opera I have no idea.
And we have did some tests with chrome 11.0.654.0(developer build 73098), the workloads like fishtank works well and its conformance tests has a pass rate of 5064/5520. And with chrome 13.0.760.0(developer build 84604), when enabled GPU accelerated Canvas 2D, there are some rendering issue.

If you want to use it you can as following steps:
1. For Firefox4:
Set the variable MOZ_GLX_IGNORE_BLACKLIST=1, then run the firefox.

2.For Chrome:
Add an option --ignore-gpu-blacklist in the command line for the new version chrome, if ues about chrome 11, just add --enable-webgl in command line.

Best regards
Zhaojian