[Intel-gfx] Multiple X screens

Knut Petersen Knut_Petersen at t-online.de
Tue May 17 13:48:05 CEST 2011

Am 17.05.2011 11:34, schrieb Gabriel Schulhof:
> Hi!
>
> Is there any way to configure the intel driver to allow for multiple X
> screens?

Start Xorg normally, run xrandr in xterm. You should see some information
about the connected monitors. If your second monitor is connected to DVI1
and your first monitor is a 1600x900 lvds, try something like

    "xrandr --output DVI1 --pos 1600x0"

After that your 2nd monitor should show the right of your desktop, and your
desktop should be enlarged by the x-resolution of the 2nd monitor. Read
man xrandr.

With current git Xorg I can connect two 1280x1024 monitors
to my system (i915GM). No special configuration is needed.
With current git Xorg it does work. Well, back in January it did not
work and it was a 100% reliable way to crash the PC ;-)

cu,
 Knut