[Intel-gfx] Another GPU hang

Chris Wilson chris at chris-wilson.co.uk
Sat May 21 23:45:24 CEST 2011

On Sun, 22 May 2011 00:08:10 +0300, Dmitry Nezhevenko <dion at inhex.net> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I'm not sure why I'm getting this. I've performed a lot of configuration
> changes, so can't be sure, which one causes. I've switched to amd64
> distro and upgraded everything to latest debian unstable. Also I'm on
> 2.6.39 now.
>
> I'm getting such hang sometimes just after unplugging HDMI cable from
> laptop.

Hmm. Are you absolutely sure? I've an open bug 35576, but nothing that
indicated a correlation with modeswitching. The hang would appear to be
due to waiting on a dead pipe then. We've had a long history with such
bugs and purposely changing modes and so are now careful to flush any
pending waits from userspace and in KMS before modeswitching. This raises
the question that maybe there is a window for a hotplug event to turn-off
the pipe before userspace has finished flushing its queue of pending ops.

The important question is do you see this 0x01820000 at other times?