[Intel-gfx] 945GM GPU hangs

Daniel Vetter daniel at ffwll.ch
Thu Oct 6 20:01:51 CEST 2011

On Thu, Oct 06, 2011 at 07:50:36PM +0200, Nico R. wrote:
> Daniel Vetter wrote:
> > On Thu, Oct 06, 2011 at 02:02:03AM +0200, Nico R. wrote:
> […]
> >> I can relatively easy trigger a bug which causes a hung GPU on a 945GM
> >> using the intel driver (i915).
> >>
> […]
> >>
> >> I have captured dmesg, the Xorg log file, and the i915_error_state.
> >> Should I open a /separate/ bug report? Should I send the saved logs to
> >> this list?
> >
> > This is a gpu hang and i915_error_state contains all the essential
> > information for us to see what the gpu has been up to at the time of it's
> > untimely demise. Without that we can't decide whether your bug is a new
> > one. So please reply with dmesg and error_state attached.
>
> The files are attached in compressed form.

On a quick look, this definitely looks different. Also it looks like
you're using the i915 gallium driver and sna, possible with a few funny
options. Please file a bug on bugs.freedesktop.org with all the
information here plus:
- Xorg.og
- xorg.conf (if existing)
- full glxinfo output

Also please check whether disabling sna or disabling gallium drivers work
around your issue.

Yours, Daniel
Mail: daniel at ffwll.ch
Mobile: +41 (0)79 365 57 48