[Intel-gfx] Setting proper video mode

Adam Jackson ajax at redhat.com
Mon Oct 31 19:29:47 CET 2011

On 10/31/11 1:48 PM, Jarek wrote:
> Dnia 2011-10-31, pon o godzinie 12:42 -0400, Adam Jackson pisze:
>> Also, how does the output of intel_reg_dumper compare between the two
>> drivers?
>
> As I understand, I should execute it, from running xorg. Am I right?

Yes.

> If I will find difference, what should I do ?

Well it depends what the differences are.  Things like plane base
addresses being different wouldn't be surprising, but PLL setup might
matter.  Just send reg dumps from both and we'll figure it out.

> The refresh rate comes from Xorg.0.log. With xf86-video-intel the
> display doesn't show any picture, only backlight is activated when I'm
> starting X.
> By the way, this MB has two LDVS outputs: LVDS1 and LVDS2. The second
> one is not connected to anything, but in the log both are connected.

We don't have any way of doing connection sense on LVDS so we have to
say they're connected if they appear at all.  Otherwise you can't use them.

- ajax