[Intel-gfx] Updated -next

Daniel Vetter daniel at ffwll.ch
Mon Apr 9 18:19:35 CEST 2012

On Thu, Apr 05, 2012 at 11:45:29AM +0200, Daniel Vetter wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I've pushed out a new -next and testing tree. Highlights:
> - first batch of hsw enabling (Eugeni)
> - first batch of vlv enabling (Jesse and others)
> - a few cleanups spurred by the above items
> - pwrite/pread rework and speedups
> - less mappable pressure and reloc optimizations (Chris)
> - mmap_offset exhaustion mitigation (Chris)
> - more gmbus cleanups and fixes (Daniel Kurtz), now also enabled for gen2
> - a start at figuring out what code of our gem+ums/kms/dri1 codebase is
>   actually support by disallowing these ioctls
>
> Happy testing!

Ben Widawsky noticed that one of the patches I've merged accidentally
disabled rc6 and gpu turbo on snb and ivb, essentially making any gpu
render and performance testing void.

My apologies for this screw-up, I should have done better. Especially
since I've noticed the error in review, but managed to merge the patch
despite that.

I've updated the drm-intel-next and -testing branchs, the new tip of
-testing is:

commit 9d0b5b5468650e0ac72a7786cf6625963f926d4d
Merge: ec34a01 b4db1e3
Author: Daniel Vetter <daniel.vetter at ffwll.ch>
Date:   Mon Apr 9 18:12:03 2012 +0200

    Merge remote-tracking branch 'danvet/drm-intel-fixes' into
    drm-intel-testing'

Sun, I'm sorry for the additional work, but please re-run any gpu render
and performance testing on this new branch. Modeset issues and output
testing should not be affected by this, so there's no need to re-run these
tests you have already done on the old -testing branch.

Yours, Daniel
Mail: daniel at ffwll.ch
Mobile: +41 (0)79 365 57 48