[Intel-gfx] HDMI TV doesn't work over HDMI cable

Eugeni Dodonov eugeni at dodonov.net
Sun Apr 15 17:27:00 CEST 2012

On Sat, Apr 14, 2012 at 15:08, Dmitry Nezhevenko <dion at inhex.net> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I've got some really strange issue. I've followed GPU within ASUS MB:
>
> 00:02.0 VGA compatible controller: Intel Corporation Core Processor
> Integrated Graphics Controller (rev 12)
>
> I'm trying to attach HDMI TV to it. My motherboard has both HDMI and DVI
> outputs. So when I'm using DVI output together with cheap DVI->HDMI cable,
> everything works. But once I switch to HDMI->HDMI, display is detected,
> but display nothing. TV shows "No signal" message.

Hi,

could you open a bug on this and attach those Xorg log files together with
the 'dmesg' output when booting with the 'drm.debug=0xe' kernel parameter?
And also your kernel version? The
http://intellinuxgraphics.org/how_to_report_bug.html has a nice summary on
how to collect all the data we need.

One thing that would certainly help is if you could attach the diff between
running 'intel_reg_dumper' with DVI and HDMI connections (running it over
ssh for example, if you don't have any valid output with HDMI). The 'no
signal' message means that we are sending TV data that it does not
understands, but there are many possible cases why it could happen..
Intel_reg_dumper should give us a summary of what bits and registers could
be wrong.

--
Eugeni Dodonov
<http://eugeni.dodonov.net/>