[Intel-gfx] TIMESTAMP register

Lawrynowicz, Jacek jacek.lawrynowicz at intel.com
Wed Apr 18 08:32:04 CEST 2012

I think that ioctl to get GPU timestamp and its resolution would be the best
approach.
This ioctl won't be called very often so there's no need to sacrifice
simplicity for performance in this case.
Using clock_gettime() sounds like trouble to me.
How would you keep GPU and CPU time synchronized?
Is forcewakeup necessary in case of a register which is not affected by gfx
reset?

Regards,
Jacek