[Intel-gfx] Fwd: Re: Macbook Pro Retina display problems

Daniel Vetter daniel at ffwll.ch
Tue Aug 7 17:19:20 CEST 2012

On Wed, Aug 08, 2012 at 12:17:50AM +1000, Francois Rigaut wrote:
> Daniel,
>
> ok, updated intel-gpu-tools and dumped the various config.
> Unfortunately, X froze when I tried the to switch to pipe C (--crtc
> 2). I have three dumps with the various config:
>
> http://maumae.net/retina/intel_corrupted_drm_debug/ird_inteldie <<
> that's with i915.die=1
>
> http://maumae.net/retina/intel_corrupted_drm_debug/ird_i915_loaded_notC_inX
> << that's with i915 loaded, within X, and not switched to pipe C
> (had restarted X after the freeze mentionned above)
>
> http://maumae.net/retina/intel_corrupted_drm_debug/ird_i915_loaded_from_fb
> << that with i915 loaded, switch to pipe C (probably not working)
> and done in a console (the freeze didn't affect the keyboard so I
> was able to switch VT). Probably not very useful.

Hm, is there anything in dmesg/Xorg.log about this freeze when you switch
to pipe C? Can you try to connect gbd to X and grab a backtrace to figure
out where it is stuck (note: don't vt-switch when gdb is connected to X,
it sends a signal to X, which gdb intercepts and then stops X,
resulting in a hung vt-switch ...)?
-Daniel
Mail: daniel at ffwll.ch
Mobile: +41 (0)79 365 57 48