[Intel-gfx] Can't output 1680x1050 to DVI monitor via HDMI port

Graeme Russ graeme.russ at gmail.com
Wed Feb 8 23:09:36 CET 2012

Hi Oliver

On Wed, Feb 8, 2012 at 9:12 PM, Oliver Seitz <info at vtnd.de> wrote:
> Am 08.02.2012 10:55, schrieb Graeme Russ:
>
>> Hi Oliver,

>>> This is a gnome thing, then. Try switching off VGA completly, gnome might
>>

>> How?
>

> xrandr --output VGA1 --off

Thanks - That changes to the correct resolution when I logon, but the
logon screen is still low-res. Good enough for now

> Or, set the screens to something different than clone mode. Like
>
> xrandr --output HDMI1 --below VGA1
> xrandr --output HDMI1 --above VGA1
> xrandr --output HDMI1 --left-of VGA1
> xrandr --output HDMI1 --right-of VGA1
>
> I may add, this is all very off-topic on this list.

Well not really, it's a i5 2500K on a Z68 motherboard using the on-die
graphics - I was hoping that there was an i915 module parameter or other
configuration setting which would tell the Intel gfx driver that the
motherboard does not have a VGA connector (only a HDMI)

My bad - I should have explained it a bit better, sorry

Regards,

Graeme