[Intel-gfx] Television turns greenish after stand-by

Daniel Vetter daniel at ffwll.ch
Fri Feb 10 16:45:23 CET 2012

On Fri, Feb 10, 2012 at 08:27:27AM +0100, Angela Schmid wrote:
> Hello
>
> I have Linux 3.3-rc2 with daniels interlace patches. When the television turns off (dpms) and after turning on, the blacks are
> green. This is highly reproducable, however I don't know exactly which conditions have to exist.
> Restarting X, putting television once again to stand-by and turning on does not work. I have to shut down the television for a
> while.
>
> Is it a television problem or eventually produced by the driver ?
> Any help appreciated.

Driver is the likely culprit. Can you enable 1080i output, check that it
works and grab the output of intel_reg_dumper from intel-gpu-tools. Then
please do whatever dance is required to break it, and again grab the
output of intel_reg_dumper. Hopefully there's some funky register we've
forgotten to set up again correctly.

Yours, Daniel
Mail: daniel at ffwll.ch
Mobile: +41 (0)79 365 57 48