[Intel-gfx] panning support

Adam Jackson ajax at redhat.com
Thu Jan 5 22:25:18 CET 2012

On Thu, 2012-01-05 at 15:42 -0500, Bob Tennent wrote:

> I'm about to buy a new system with "Intel HD graphics 2000" integrated
> in the CPU. Will xrandr panning be supported? The server version will be
>
> xorg-x11-drv-intel-2.14.0
>
> on a Centos 6.1 system.
>
> In general, how does one discover which versions of Intel integrated
> graphics support panning? I have a Lenovo laptop that does and desktop
> systems that don't.

The intel driver supports panning for all chips it supports (excluding
the ancient i810 series I suppose).  If you're seeing variation among
chips it's because you're not running the same driver [1].

RHEL 6.1 includes support for Sandybridge chips, which is the useful
name corresponding to "HD Graphics 2000".  CentOS presumably does too if
they haven't broken what I put in RHEL.

[1] - or, in the extreme case, you're running a pre-RANDR-1.3 X server.

- ajax