[Intel-gfx] 3.0/3.1 drm-intel-backports branches

Eugeni Dodonov eugeni at dodonov.net
Thu Jan 12 19:16:25 CET 2012

Hi folks,

just a quick announce about two experimental branches I created on my fd.o
repository and which I intend to maintain: 3.0-drm-intel-backports (
http://cgit.freedesktop.org/~eugeni/kernel/log/?h=3.0-drm-intel-backports)
and 3.1-drm-intel-backports (
http://cgit.freedesktop.org/~eugeni/kernel/log/?h=3.1-drm-intel-backports).

The idea was to have a quick way to test the latest i915-specific patches
without the need to upgrade the entire kernel to the latest and greatest
release. I intend to maintain those for the foreseeable future, covering
3.x stable releases on top of Greg's -stable branches. Once 3.3-rc1 will
show up, I'll create the 3.2-drm-intel-backports as well.

If anyone is interested in anything specific for such branches, drop me a
note.

For more details, I put a somewhat larger announce text at my blog at
http://dodonov.net/blog/2012/01/11/bleeding-edge-i915-for-stable-kernels/.

Cheers,
Eugeni

--