[Intel-gfx] Sandy Bridge Desktop - 1920x1080i interlace not working

Alfonso Fiore alfonso.fiore at gmail.com
Thu Jan 19 08:05:41 CET 2012

On Wed, Jan 18, 2012 at 9:12 PM, Daniel Vetter <daniel at ffwll.ch> wrote:

> Yep, that's correct. For the first issue Peter Ross is working on some
> patches, for the later I suspect the missing CEA support. Please try this
> out by grabbing the kernel tree I've told you and running it. Peter's
> patches are on this mailing list, if it's easier for you I could create a
> quick git branch somewhere.

Ok,

here comes the question:

Peter's patches should be applied only to the mainline development tree:
(git://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/torvalds/linux.git).

if I clone the git Daniel suggested I get errors:
(git://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/keithp/linux.git)

error: patch failed: drivers/gpu/drm/i915/intel_display.c:5316
error: drivers/gpu/drm/i915/intel_display.c: patch does not apply

I also tried to reapply the patch after branching to drm-intel-fixes
but I got an error I don't know how to cope with:

$ git am 152705 152707 152708
previous rebase directory /home/alfonso/kernel/linux/.git/rebase-apply
still exists but mbox given.

for now I'm going on compiling mainline (I'll report asap), plus Peter's patches
but is there a chance to have Peter's patch for the drm-intel-fixes branch?

what am I missing when I use mainline? I ask this since I have two
separate issues...

in the meanline the patches were accepted:
$ git am 152705 152707 152708
Applying: drm/i915: specify vertical timings in frame units for
interlaced modes (gen3+)
Applying: drm/i915: allow interlaced mode output on the SDVO connector
Applying: drm/i915: allow interlaced mode output on the HDMI connector

thank you,
alfonso