[Intel-gfx] Sandy Bridge Desktop - 1920x1080i interlace not working

Alfonso Fiore alfonso.fiore at gmail.com
Thu Jan 19 12:51:20 CET 2012

On Thu, Jan 19, 2012 at 12:32 PM, Daniel Vetter <daniel at ffwll.ch> wrote:

> Also please don't add any modes with xrandr (or in your xorg.conf) and try
> to reset any other xrandr tools that might change your mode when logging
> in. It's rather likely that your TV is really picky about the mode, so if
> you don't get it exactly right it'll bail out. xrandr should show you all
> the detected (and by i915 supported modes).

Ok, so can you please tell me which are the right commands
to list accepted resolutions and which command to switch?
Maybe I misunderstand, but I should be able to run 1024x768 which is
not interlaced.

> Also, can you describe "oddly placed" more precisely (maybe with a pic)?

attached the two pictures of LightDM, with and without nomodeset with
kernel keithp plus drm-intel-fixes (without Peter's patch for
interlaced).

thank you for your help,
alfonso