[Intel-gfx] Moving 2D acceleration out of X driver into libdrm

Clemens Eisserer linuxhippy at gmail.com
Sat Jan 21 00:10:33 CET 2012

Hi,

>> Does anyone have any thoughts on moving a lot of the 2D acceleration
>> out of the X driver and into libdrm, this way it can be used by non-X
>> drivers?
>
> The goal is not to move it out, it's to delete it and just use GL.

Now that SNA is finally almost stable and really fast, revert
everything and go back to the dark age intel users had to live with
for so long? ;)
Seriously, every time when there were huge steps a lot of stuff
regressed (XAA/EXA/UXA/SNA) - and that happend quite often in the last
few years. I now if I am prepared for another round just yet...

- Clemens