[Intel-gfx] HD {, 2000, 3000}: Screen goes blank @30 seconds into boot

Paul Menzel paulepanter at users.sourceforge.net
Thu Jan 26 14:19:47 CET 2012

Dear Joel,

Am Donnerstag, den 26.01.2012, 06:54 -0500 schrieb Joel Heaton:
> System: Dell Inspiron One
> Chipset: intel H61 Express
> CPU: Intel Pentium Dual Core Intel Core i3/i5i7 (this machine is
> probably an i3
> Video: Intel HD/HD 2000/HD 3000
> Max Resolution: 1920x1080
> OS-1 Windows 7 (shipped with this OS)
> OS-2 Debian Sid liquorix kernel 3.2
> 	DE: lxde no DM  I start x manually
> When booting the screen goes blank about 80% through the boot cycle.

I guess Windows 7 works? Please also submit a bug report to the Debian
BTS for example using `reportbug` against the Linux kernel package.

> The system is still running, I can log in blind and execute reboot
> command.
> I ssh into the system from another computer.
> kern.log reports "Firmware Bug: ACPI: No _BQC method, cannot determine initial brightness"
> inxi -Fxx reports Drivers: (vesa, intel (unloaded: fbdev) Resolution 1280x1024 at 76.0hz
> sporadically, I get a good boot, maybe once in 20 tries.
> I have no xorg.conf

I think the developers need the information listed at [1]. Being able to
log in using SSH it should not be a problem for you to get the
information.

Thanks,

Paul

[1] http://intellinuxgraphics.org/how_to_report_bug.html