[Intel-gfx] Updated -next

Jin, Gordon gordon.jin at intel.com
Tue Jan 31 10:07:33 CET 2012

(sorry for the late reply as I just came back from vacation)

QA testing against -fixes is unchanged, i.e. running automated tests (like intel-gpu-tools) nightly, and running more manual tests in release cycle. We call it "stable build", together with release branch of other components (like mesa 8.0 branch).

The testing against "unstable build" (cutting edge code, consisting of master branch of components, like mesa master branch, and -next/-testing for kernel) is also unchanged (automated nightly testing + manual). The only thing noticeable in this transition is I suggested -next (continue) to be super-set of -fixes, to make sure the critical fixes in -fixes also included in -next, and also the expensive manual testing against -next partly covers -fixes. Thus Daniel created -testing to meet my requirement.

Hope this clarifies.

Thanks
Gordon