[Intel-gfx] vaapi intel-driver (vaapi-ext): assertion failed

Christoph Evers mail at christoph-evers.de
Tue Jan 31 17:32:19 CET 2012

Hi folks,

i am not sure whether this issue belongs to the libva mailinglist or
this one. I'll give it a try :-)

For testing purpose I switched to vaapi-ext branch of intel-driver and
libva (master is working fine).

I am using xine-lib-vaapi for playback with xine which uses a vaapi
accelerated ffmpeg: https://github.com/huceke/xine-lib-vaapi

H.264 (non interlaced) files are played fine, but with MPEG2
(interlaced/non-interlaced) the vaapi intel driver throws an exception:

> xine: i965_drv_video.c:2075: i965_check_alloc_surface_bo: assertion
> obj_surface->fourcc == fourcc failed.

Obviously, the obj_surface fourcc (NV12) does not fit to the fourcc of
the media (I420).

If I force NV12 in i965_media_mpeg2.c:517 playback is working (even
deinterlaced on Clarkdale) but naturally with the wrong color space.

Do you guys have any idea?

Christoph

Hardware: Core i3 530
Software: Ubuntu 11.11 x86 minimal with latest xorg stuff (edgers:ppa) and
vaapi-ext branch for libva and intel-vaapi (git 30012012)