[Intel-gfx] Questions about tripple display

Daniel Vetter daniel at ffwll.ch
Fri Jul 13 18:38:35 CEST 2012

On Fri, Jul 13, 2012 at 6:36 PM, Guo Tang <guo.tang at sonoartis.com> wrote:
> Hi, Daniel,
>
> Thanks for the prompt reply. From your reply looks like I still have a
> little hope.
>
> How about if I only run 1024x768 at 60Hz or 30Hz resolution? Will that address
> the dotclock problem
> between LVDS and TV?

As I've said, carefully picking a dotclock that matches up with TV or
LVDS can work, but we don't bother to support that in the driver
because imo it's not worth the hassle. If you really want to stitch
something like this together, grep for needs_tvclock in the drm/i915
sources (or check out the lvds panel fitter code). I.e. it's by far
not as simple as just picking the same mode as e.g. on the TV. And
you'd need to restructure the kernel driver quite a bit to make it
work.
-Daniel
daniel.vetter at ffwll.ch - +41 (0) 79 364 57 48 - http://blog.ffwll.ch