[Intel-gfx] [BUG] intel_drv.so fails to load

Chris Wilson chris at chris-wilson.co.uk
Thu Jul 19 00:34:12 CEST 2012

On Wed, 18 Jul 2012 15:47:44 -0400, Adam Jackson <ajax at redhat.com> wrote:
> So we default to asking for XAA, and if it doesn't load (because you
> built without it) then neither will the driver; conversely, if XAA
> loads, DRI's use of XAA symbols would be safe.  You'd have to have asked
> for Option "NoAccel" to hit that bug.

I had not noticed that the code still implied a dependence upon the XAA
module.

> It's not clear to me if, subsequent to your change, DRI would work with
> NoAccel.

It does. The mapping of the ring and control registers was already
managed outside of the XAA specific routines, so enabling the blit
function without the XAA infrastructure is fine.

Tested insofar as running glxgears on a remote i815 with XAA exorcised.
Not totally convinced I've verified all the necessary paths, but it
loads and seems to run.