[Intel-gfx] Output problems with displayport-hdmi kable on arrandale based hp elitebook 2540p

Keith Packard keithp at keithp.com
Thu Jul 19 01:02:40 CEST 2012

On Thu, 19 Jul 2012 00:16:59 +0200, Clemens Eisserer <linuxhippy at gmail.com> wrote:

> I really hope I won't need to use VGA forever - the blurry fonts make
> my eyes bleed ;)

Yeah, just be aware that DP to HDMI/DVI isn't really a 'dongle' in the
usual sense, the whole internal hardware is running in HDMI mode, just
sending the data over the DP wires. The cable then just converts the
signal levels.

So, our driver sees a regular HDMI output, which is vastly simpler than
the DP to VGA dongles which look like DP to the computer and VGA to the
monitor.

I've tried a bunch of monitors using this mode and it's always worked
just fine; you might try a different cable, or test with a different
monitor if you can find one.

keith.packard at intel.com