[Intel-gfx] [BUG] intel_drv.so fails to load

Knut Petersen Knut_Petersen at t-online.de
Thu Jul 19 08:04:25 CEST 2012

Am 18.07.2012 21:34, schrieb Adam Jackson:
> So, one difference between the driver you built and the driver in
> factory:
>
> http://download.opensuse.org/pub/opensuse/factory/repo/oss/suse/i586/xf86-video-intel-2.20.0-1.1.i586.rpm
>
> Is that yours has this, and theirs doesn't:
>
> hate:~% eu-readelf -a intel_drv.so | grep TEXTREL
>    TEXTREL
>    FLAGS             TEXTREL
>
> This suggests that you managed to build the X driver without -fPIC, and
> eu-findtextrel(1) agrees.  This would cause the problem if text
> relocations are also not lazy, and I believe that to be the case. [1]
> To verify this assumption you could just jam -fPIC into CFLAGS and see
> if the result works, but that's just papering over the bug, not
> necessarily a fix.

Argh. Adding -fPIC to the flags of an icecream compile run does help.
Somehow. dlopen no longer fails and the build succeeds. kde4init
hangs forever without any error message, but it is possible for programs
started at the framebuffer console to use the X server. I´ll have to investigate
this issue further.

cu,
  Knut