[Intel-gfx] [libva] GPU hung

Paul Menzel paulepanter at users.sourceforge.net
Wed Jun 13 00:30:04 CEST 2012

Am Mittwoch, den 13.06.2012, 00:09 +0200 schrieb Angela:
> >> (the files you've attached are mainly interesting for modeset issues).
> >> I guess the best thing would be to file a bug on bugs.freedesktop.org
> >> with that.
> >>
> >> # cat /sys/kernel/debug/dri/0/i915_error_state
> >> no error state collected
> >> # cat /sys/kernel/debug/dri/64/i915_error_state
> >> no error state collected
> >>
> >> mount:
> >> sysfs on /sys type sysfs (rw,noexec,nosuid,nodev)
> >I guess you need to rehang your machine, the error_state doesn't survive a
> reboot.
>
> Hung the system and checked i915_error_state before reboot.
>
> Any other hints ?

I think you have to mount the debug filesystem [1].

Thanks,

Paul

PS: Maybe that and the i915_error_state stuff could be added to the
Intel Web site too [2].

PPS: Angela, you can also join the IRC channel #intel-gfx for live
debugging.

PPPS: Angela, can you use a different mail program which can quote
correctly. Outlook should be able to do it, but I do not know how to
configure it. Thunderbird works under Microsoft Windows.

[1] https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Debugfs
[2] http://intellinuxgraphics.org/how_to_report_bug.html